The Long and the Short of it: Tips for Giving an Expert Interview
As you step up in your business at some point (if you are doing a fairly decent job of things) someone is going to ask you to do an interview.
How do you prepare for this. And what should you be asking in advance?
Interviews are a wonderful opportunity for you to share you message and reach more people.
Here are a few tips and resources to get you started
- Always ask ahead of time for an agenda and time line so that you know what the interviewer's expectations are how long you will be speaking.
- Send over a photo, introduction and three questions that would be really great for the interviewer to ask you. This is key! Even if they don't ask you these questions they love that you are making their lives easier AND they will see you as a prepared professional.
- Work on your 20 - 30 second pitches for a tip (they always seems to ask for one), what you are offering (if they allow you to make an offer) and what you do.
- Watch past shows so that you have a better idea of what to expect.
There are a lot more things you can do but these 4 tips will get you started.
And... here is an example of a long and a short interview that I did just this last week.
You will notice in both shows my message is the same. Stay in MOMENTUM by taking inspired action that feels good! Yet I show up a little bit differently for each to accommodate the time, format and audience.
Take the Quiz
Which Type of Business Diva Are You?
Take the quiz to discover YOUR Business Diva type and get a customized list of the RIGHT ACTIONS to take at the RIGHT TIME to achieve the RESULTS you want!
- Are you a Visionary or perhaps an Icon?
- Maybe you're a Dynamic Diva or Sales Goddess?
- Do you have a knack for being a Get it Done Diva?
- Or perhaps you're more of a Million Dollar Diva, a Goddess of Transformation
- ...or you are ready to be a Legendary Diva?